22.7.05

Act As If

One of the pitfalls of telecommuting is techological meltdowns. A project that should have been completed on Monday is not...and its Friday...and next week I'm on vacation.
Its such a simple task, however, the tech stars and planets are not in aligment for me.
Like, okay. I want to make a tool do something it never has before and it just WON'T.
At first I thought it was due to a site upgrade which was confirmed by the tech Gods.
Then, when I managed to get my tests to work..I thought...VOILA! Okay, let the batch begin. BUT NO. What I want to do has not been tried or even considered...so I wait.
How long will it take to mull over the possibilites and re-code the tool or revise the project vision?

The wind-up is, when you can't talk to people face to face...potential questions are not asked. And for someone like me, who works mostly during non-conventional hours (because I can) its crippling. Most of my office starts work around 10am, when I am normally close to being finished...so I have to wait..and wait.

Oh weird. I didn't know Edie Brickell was married to Paul Simon.

No comments:

Blog Archive