
Time passes slowly up here in the mountains.
We sit beside bridges and walk beside fountains
Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream
Time passes slowly when your lost in a dream.
Time passes slowly up here in the daylight
We stare straight ahead and try so hard to stay right
Like the red rose of summer that blooms in the day
Time passes slowly and fades away.
-Bob Dylan
When I was growing up, my parents didn't allow us to watch much television, thankfully.
There were lots of books read and music to appreciate.
Along with a vast collection of Puccini operas on slate 78rpm records,
there were Judy Collins, Dionne Warwick and Neil Diamond. I suppose listening to
Bob Dylan via Judy Collins was acceptable. I loved her version of "Time Passes Slowly".
I didn't realize how fortunate we were to be exposed to so many types of music. We had the Kingston Trio and Leonard Bernstein. The Singing Nun
John Gary and Don Ho. Just anything you could possibly think of....we listened to...except anything popular, of course.



No comments:
Post a Comment