What mother wouldn't want their daughter vaccinated against cervical cancer?
As a mother myself, I ran...not walked...to have my daughters vaccinated with Gardasil.
Apparently, some Texas parents feel otherwise:
Texas Gov orders girls to have the anti-cancer vaccine
Parents can opt out just like any other vaccination. But come on, some parents actually believe the vaccination condones pre-marital SEX? What does cancer prevention have to do with intercourse?
Some people are jumping on the kick-back bandwagon, accusing Governor Perry "is in cahoots" with Merck and a group named "Women in Government".
Who cares? If this vaccine helps to prevent HPV...we all win.



2 comments:
Yeah it seems a but naiive when there are a hundred other STDs the kid can get besides CC. Best choice is abstinence before marriage Sayeth My True Love. Yep. My mothyer asked me why would I need that vaccination on account of my celibacy and all. Because Mom, God knows what these guys are gonna give me without the other 100 vaccinations I oughta be getting.....kidding. You just never know. Hence the old ounce of prevention.
She shocks easily and I can't help myself.
I am not getting vaccinated because....I only give shots.....Waaaaaaa.
Better safe than sorry in the heat of the moment! (voice of experience)
This vaccination could have saved Gigi's mom. No one in her family had a history of cancer. Oh no! What if....
Post a Comment