Yesterday afternoon, the green slimey mucus man set up residence inside my lungs. Last night, I asked Bernie to buy me Robitussin DM. He comes home with Robitussin DM and the generic version, "Tussin DM". He kindly offers me a dose (presented in the enclosed, Dose Cup). I down the syrup in one fell swoop. "THIS IS NOT ROBITUSSIN!" This really raised my ire, all I ask for is Robitussin DM, the tried and true over-the-counter treatment for chest tightness and hacking dry cough. "I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!""What's the difference?" "I asked for Robitussin DM, that's the difference" He presents me with BOTH Tussin DM and Robitussin DM. "Look" He attempts to show me the active ingredients listed on both boxes. "IT'S THE SAME THING!" "IT IS NOT THE SAME!"
Grumble, grumble, grumble. "It is the same, except for the taste." He offers.
I will tell you, true Robitussin DM has a richer flavor, syrupy consistance with a husky after taste. "You don't think I can tell the difference, do you?" He shows me the boxes again. "ITS THE SAME THING!"I DON'T CARE if they have the same ingredients. I asked for Robitussin DM why is that so difficult?" "The Tussin costs less." "YOU BOUGHT TWO BOTTLES OF COUGH MEDICINE...how is that saving money??" "I wanted to prove a point......" he says.
"Look, I'm sick. All I ask is for a little Robitussin DM"
"How about a little Vicks?" ARRGH! I scoop up the bottle of Robitussin DM, shove it into my flannel pajama pocket and retire to my bed. I wake coughing several times during the night due to the inferior TUSSIN dosing.
This morning, my chest feels like a yard of brick is resting firmly upon it. The cough is a dry hack. I'm gagging from what feels like a dry heave. I dig around my bathroom cabinets for....ahhh there it is, Mucinex.
I took the pills around 6:30 this morning. I'm still waiting, hacking.



2 comments:
Aw....Angela! Drink Water! Plenty of it with that medicine. It can't work without water. Soup is good too. Hot soup. Hack it up!
And take your Ester C! And....Coenzyme Q 10! And don't forget to put some water in a pot in your bedroom at night. Vicks to the chest and neck...rest up.
Love ya old girl.
Gee
good tips, thanks! I've been feeling really dehydrated and constipated. I best power drink the H2O.
Im really surprised to have this sort of internal invasion. Ive been taking LOTS of vitamin C and this special Immunity Fizz I bought at Costco.
Oh well.
Post a Comment