9.4.07

Why I'll Never Be A Cubicle Gansta

I'd like to get into this more, this blogging thing we have. Stretches go without a word. I wonder how reporters do it. I guess you'd need a subject. I write one article a week. It's an interview. I find out the most amazing facts about what could be the most mundane of subjects.

The point is to make it come alive to draw them out and make them shine. Like a genie's lamp, I rub the dust to find the magic inside. Sure, knitting could be dull and how long can you really stand to hear about the Italian Greyhound? Some may gag, but thats the beauty part. For some reason, it doesn't bore me.

I've been writing about these varied topics for years. Every week, another peek inside the mind of a true aficionado of the topic du jour. Gosh, how nice it must be to have such passion, such drive to love a hobby or cause that much.

Me? I'm one of those people who have a bi-weekly interest in any particular topic. I flit to this then float to that...bore of it and move on...wiser for having had the experience. Sometimes, the passionate folks I interview pique my interest in a particular topic. Some ideas deserve a closer look. I can honestly say I've never been committed to a hobby or interest. I loathe collections of anything other than music or books. Even those items can become a crazed obsession.

Politico? not really, I'm an issues gal. Religion? I stick with the comfort of childhood...its all the same God and nobody is perfect, right? I'm not dedicated to any one genre of anything. I'll listen to any type of music and read any sort of book. I suppose if I had to pick something that has interested me for a long haul it would be cooking...but food has turned on me too. Travel yes, one day...when I can walk for miles again.

I've never been good with the 9-5 mindset. I was thrilled to learn about the European way of life. Time seemed to grind to a halt in Italy. The longer I stayed the more a part of humanity I became. There is a natural rhythm to life that is missing here. We are not meant to live like this running around on the hamster wheel fueling the Great American Dream.

One thing is for sure, that I am not so sure about anything. There are no guarantees in life and to think otherwise is foolish.

No comments:

Blog Archive