
"Would you like to put that on your Kohls Charge?" "No" "Do you have a Kohls Charge? You can save 25% today!" "No" "Would you like to apply? I'll give you 15% off and if you are approved, you will also get the 25% off if you use your NEW KOHLS CHARGE"
"No thank you" "I will also add in an additional 10% off coupon!" "No thanks, I really don't need a Kohls Card" "Why NOT?"
What the heck is with these cashiers? Okay, I know they get a commission, but take no for an answer. Enough is enough.
The general public should think twice before allowing the pushy cashier to sweet-talk you into applying for these cards.
In a previous life I approved mortgage loans. Did you realize that every time you are lured into these transactions (even if its just an approval process...) it lowers your credit score? Plus, the lender becomes suspect of all the inquiries. Can't this person manage their money? Why do they need so much credit?
Be smart. Only keep two credit cards. One American Express (because they will refund and cover anything that breaks...even a rental car windshield (yeah, I did that)
And a visa/master card. No one needs a million store cards that charge outrageous interest. You'll end up paying $50 for that tee-shirt on sale for $8.99.
Don't charge more than you can comfortably pay back asap.
The average American has $9,000 in credit card debt. For what? Oh Wait..I know...keeping up with that "American Dream".
Buyer Beware!



4 comments:
I share your opinion that it's enough to hold 2 regular credit cards. You should avoid using them for each trifle and avoid having specialized credit cards like gasoline or airline cards. It' better to have one of such cards as low APR credit cards and be wise and sober in your spending. Though sometimes it's really difficult to stop the gesture of pulling out your plastic, it's a kind of self-perfection which is to resist impulses.
I agree. Learnt the hard way.
Well said, absolutely! Me too, Gina. The road to hell is paved with "minimum payments".
Yeah, Josie, credit companies are the Devil.
I rip em up at the get go. The debt management insists you destroy all of them so I did. I had NINE. Then I found my Macy card and kept it...jes incase, ya neva know. I just use debit now, and spend what I have....well, not ALL of it! Save save save....
Post a Comment