13.6.07

Bang on the drum all day


My son John has his buddies over again today to jam in the basement. He set up a make-shift studio for himself. He has a drum kit, 2 electric guitars (a little strat and a Gibson clone, an acoustic (Yamaha), and a classical(I can't remember the brand) He has an electric piano, an accordian, harmonica, microphones and who knows what else. I know he has a cowbell...! NEEDS MORE COWBELL!

Anyway, I'm glad he is here. Even though the sound is defining and the neighbors probably hate it (I make him stop at at 6pm, don't want to be too annoying!) At least I know what they are doing.

I'm driving them to a concert later. The schools allow these teen rock bands to perform on a regular basis. Kinda neat! Its cool that our generation (growing up in the 70's!) is in positions of power. More interesting classes are offered in High School here.
John has taken guitar classes, video and film, and digital photography. They never had that stuff at ole Howell High!

5 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Oh Lord, a band boy in the house... run for your life, Angela! LOL I so agree, it's nice to know what the kids are up to and making music is a healthy release of energy. Great that the school supports it. I wish all schools encouraged creativity. Life isn't all about academics and sports.

josie2shoes said...

Hey, thanks for adding me to your "Good Shares" list. I appreciate that! :-)

Gina said...

Yeah, Ang, that's the kind of bond you just have for life. I remember Damian and his pals playing in the basement for a couple of years and seeing them out there in bars for several years until he finally quitm that scene and only plays in church now. Still friends with all those guys who are now married with children. It's great that you have the space and encourage him to play. Hope to hear him soon!

Gina said...

Do you resist the urge to go down there and do the cowbell? It would be a hard one for me. I am sure if I had kids that age, I would have to promise them not to get involved!!! It would kill me but I understand. Too embarrassing.

Angelissima said...

heheh..well, not today. I'm no musician. They are doing "originals".
Kinda screamo-emo. Not into it, but they are and thats what counts.

Nice kids; very polite, good personalities. I bought them a pepperoni pizza.

Blog Archive