"Terrifically open honest and engaging portrait of British skinhead culture in the Eighties. One of the most valuable and important British films of the year."
Mark Kermode - The Observer (London)
This morning while watching Film on Film with my morning coffee, Jeffrey Lyons reviewed This Is England the latest offering from director Shane Meadows.
The semi-autobiographical rendering looks to be well-worth the $10 ticket fees.
Look for it in an Art House near you!
(if not for any other reason...the soundtrack is sterling!)



2 comments:
Looks really interesting! I was totally into the hardcore punk scene in the 80s. I went to so many concerts in NJ/NY that I nearly lost my hearing!
I'm sure the music is sterling. Isn't there a US film also coming out about the American punk rock movement. I have to see that one for sure.
skin eds are they? Oi don't recall ever 'earing bout no bleddy skin 'eds in England...limeys and blokes...
Post a Comment