4.12.07


I did fairly well on my second day of positive self-talk. I uploaded Outlook calendar to help me remember things. I tried to block the negativity as much as possible....until....

Katie's English teacher called to tell me she has skipped her class 8 times and is failing because of her lack of prep for her term paper. Apparently, she needed to hand in note cards (25) outline and rough draft...she hasn't.

Her term paper is due on Monday. So, guess who is grounded again? You guessed it!
And, she is sad and angry. I explained, "My dear, I do not want you to fail English. You will not graduate." So, today afterschool (I have to pick her up at 11am) We will be working together on this.

We went to the library and checked out all of the reference material she will need to cite. We went online and collected periodical articles. She needs to cite 8 sources.
Only 4 can be from the net and NO WIKIPEDIA! MLA format - 5 pages, double spaced.
Only 6 paragraphs are necessary to pass.

I mean, this should be a breeze for her. She's had a month to prepare. UGH! This kid!!!!

It was tough to remain in check. I ended up crying when she came home from work. She seemed so lost and confused, not knowing where to start. We talked, hugged and cried.
I told her I don't want her to screw up like I did. I want her to have the best possible advantages in life.

Oh well. I least she knows how I feel, that I'm not just trying to be mean.

3 comments:

Maria said...

It is always so hard when you have to sit and watch them get out of tough spots.

Liv has a paper due on South Carolina on Friday. She just started yesterday. She is panicking and I am forcing myself to sit on my hands and let her take her lumps, but I am ITCHING to do that damn paper for her....

Gina said...

Good work, Ang. You do everything you can to help her get that paper in on time. At this point it's about graduating! Get her dreaming of a future. I would pray for clarity and give her a high protein drink with lots of water and get her pumped up on fresh air and looking forward! Hey. get some of those motivational posters, vitamins, a bible with her name on it, and some good running shoes. Yes`

Angelissima said...

I know the feeling Maria. We want them to do well, but keeping our hands off is tough!!!

Yeah Gina...she actually asked me to buy her protein bars to eat for breakfast yesterday!

We had a Girls Day Out yesterday, lunch and shopping which was so fun. We laughed so much! She cracks me up!!

She is always out with her new friends and I just never get a chance to hang out with her any more.

We went to the library and signed out all the books she needs and she got a bunch of periodicals from the net to use as well.

Last night she finished the first part of the process (note cards) I'm hoping she will finish by the end of the week. The final paper is due on Monday.

Blog Archive