
So, I'm basically done with my Christmas shopping. A first, I do believe. Stuck to my budget also. Oddly, as much as I hate malls I did pretty much all of my shopping at two malls I've never been to, Willowbrook and Woodbridge.
The girls wanted clothes from particular stores and fancy perfumes, stuff you can't really get at Target.
Actually, it seemed quite easy. 200-250 a kid. That doesn't buy much at Hollister or Abercrombie. Katie came home with Burberry Brit already, so she ended up choosing an Escada scent which I was able to wrangle in a buy one, get the other for 9.99 at one of those Perfumerie shops. Pherrin wanted the Burberry Original which really wasn't too bad, about 30 bux for the smaller size. John asked for accessories for his drums and guitars...easy. We had his teacher order the right stuff from his distributors.
Of course, everyone gets the usual socks, underwear and PJs. Gigi asked for an IPOD, but darned if I buy a 9-year-old kid a REAL IPOD. She got a Samsung knock-off which is actually about as loaded as the new IPOD. Touch screen, 2gig, videos, photos and I don't remember what all else...for $99 she wanted clothes from Justice and a few Webkins. easy.
Bernie and I are exchanging one gift each between $500 and $1,000. I'm glad we're not going too overboard. I mean, everything is so pricey these days. Consumerism run amok.



4 comments:
Um...one gift between 500 and 1,000???
Bing and I bought new tires for our van last year....
And I doubt if we spend more than 500 total on family members, friends, and Liv.
That's gotta' be a relief, finishing.
What can I say? Ya'll are more practical out there in the mid-west.
To me, Christmas is a time to get stuff you'd normally not buy.
Throw money! I threw money at Todd Rundgren. He smiled and said, " We really appreciate your supplimenting our meager income with your kind gratutuites. I remember back in the early days, down in Phili, playing on the streets, having to live on whatever people would throw out as I played the blues...and I meant every word of it." Makes you feel bad about those expensive gifts? Poor Todd!!! He also said he would not stooop to pick it up until it reached 5 bucks. It totaled 3 at the end. No one else threw money....THrow Money!!!!
Post a Comment