
Lately I've noticed that certain aroma...the smell of spring.
I've uncovered a "variety" of bulbs I planted last autumn around my mailbox. None of my suburban co-horts have "variety" bulbs planted around thier mailboxes, so hey...lets have at it.
Kate and I (you remember Kate, the daughter so recently sequestered to a life behind closed-doors...) uncovered the winter mulch laid over the bulbs the other day...that warm day, was it Monday? We constructed a deer-deterrent fence around the whole she-bang.
The nnennnnneeeasaaatttoooo part is watching the little peaks pop up! Yay! I love perennials for just that thing...that thing they do.
(ps: I tried, but I'm back listening to Tom Petty. Does this make me a bad person?)



4 comments:
I was just going to link your blog on mine, and what do I find? I'm dumped!
Seriously, hope I didn't do anything to make you angry.
TP and the Mailbox Bulbs. Classic perennials rock. Get yer Bloomers, Ang, he's still kicking, still speaking with as little lip movement as possible. Aw...let's go.
Your link has made its debut on Gillette on Hillsborough - I hope some friendly people find your blog!
Sighing here. My tulips aren't even peeking up yet. Nope. Just freezing cold and ice. And more snow predicted for tonight.
I go through my seed catalogs and dream....
Post a Comment