During a recent manic phase, I got sucked into a "design on a dime" room remodel idea. Legends of Hollywood. A black and white theme. White walls, black curtains with a white scarf, black comforter, white sheets, black desk, white stand up book case sort of affair, and the grand coup de : Black and white portraits of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.
All well and good. Great idea! Except I'm now on the down swing -- after buying all of the paint and goodies for the room. I even bought material to sew coordinating throw pillows...meeeep wowwww.
Pherrin is home and looking for a place to sleep. Her room is all torn up. We've removed 9 bags of stuff she no longer wants. I decided yesterday was the day to start the room prep.
She wanted the shelving removed from the wall. You know, that type of shelving with the brackets and that metal piece you bolt to the wall? yeah. that stuff.
After a few frantic phone calls, I finally located the tools I needed amongst Bernie's mess. I don't know how he can find ANYTHING. Our basement and garage are in a state of perpetual disarray.
Okay. Ready. Screw driver posed, and with all the determination at my disposal I turn to the left. nothing. press harder. turn to the left. nothing.
RYAN!!!!!! This room had seen a few color changes over the years...yeah. Hand me the hammer. Bang, bang, bang! A few good whacks loosened up 2 decades worth of color changes.
Turn to the left, good! On further inspection, I see there must have been a handy-man involved with this project. There were anchors. You know, those things that are meant to hold the weight of books (or what have you) on shelving. Good thinkin'!
I get most of them out except the two at the bottom, near the floor. Now I am dealing with two measures of 4ft metal stripping, unwieldy at best.
Heck with it...I grab the hammer and start pounding on it. Bang! bang! bang. Twist, shimmy, BANG! Gotcha!
For the want of a nail, the battle was lost. I'm left with a pair of 3 inch holes in the sheet rock. eh. I have spackle.



6 comments:
Wow. If that had been Bing, she would have tarred and feathered me when she got home. Nothing pisses her off more than holes in the wall...
But, I say...a woman has to do what a woman has to do.
hehee...I hear ya...but its either I do it or wait and waiting for bernie to get to it is not an option...lol.
I object!
Okay Blop. I'll wait for you....
i have the perfect black corner shelf for you!!! :)
YES! That would be perfect. Are you willing to part with that find?
Post a Comment