Some of you know her. Some of you loved her. I fall under that category -- except I still love her.
She is the friend who knows all my deep-dark teen-aged angst. We were there for the foibles and the stuff that makes hilarious memories.
So, we met for coffee after 5 years. Like we never skipped a beat. I wish we were more apart of each other's lives, but big people life gets in the way. That's no excuse, but its the only one we've got. She'll always be Nance and I'll always be Ang.
Riding bikes to Manasquan, smoking in the bathroom...Emma Place!~ Artificial intelligence and Joe W_orth. Three beer Me. Wiped out by a wave. Eating apples, baking cookies, BATIK! Making candles! The Dogs Leg and Cat Gack. The list goes on and on.



1 comment:
those kind of memories are priceless, Ang. I think true friends are like that. When you get together it's like peanut butter and jelly. Lucy and Schroeder...well, not that way, though Nancy can play that song, as I recall. Like Lucy and Ethel.
I never knew her as Nance. Glad you had a reunion. You got to see her children, then? Or the kids stayed home? How's her folks dealing with the neighborhood? I thought of her as I drove by the Minute Man the other day. How is she?
Post a Comment