6.5.08

Whole Foods Revisited


The other day I received a letter from the human resources department my office in NYC. Um. Normally, we're strictly email, so something tangible was a bit of a shocker. Oh GAWD. This is it. I've finally been down-sized. Five years out of my life down the drain. Yup, the projector is projecting my final scene. At least they had the decencey to NOT have me schlep all the way up there for the bad news.

I open the letter gingerly, and what to my wondering eyes does appear? Another gift card to Whole Foods, along with a note from the HR assistant introducing my 'monthly gift card'.

Hold the phone, Frances. MONTHLY GIFT CARD? Now, I'd been handed boat-loads of gift-cards during the past year. I just thought of them as some sort of bonus. I don't know. They're always giving away something. Low and behold, its a monthly thing.

The HR manager was out on vacation and her lovely assistant took it upon herself to go ahead and mail me my card! Usually I get handed a stack when I make my sometimes monthly appearances in the office.

Well. After giving away a few as gifts, I decided I should really just bite the bullet and get over my Whole Foods angst. I can purchase expensive health and beauty aids with the cards.

So anyway. I head into the Princeton Whole Foods to discover the produce prices rival the local Shoprite. hummmmmmmmmmm. I may as well indulge in a little organic salad ingredients while I am here. ya know.

I didn't think I'd notice anything different in taste but...HOLY SMOKES! This stuff tasted great; just like out of my own garden in summer.

I've been a fool. Oh forbidden rice, forgive me.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Yeah, it's one of those stores that you know you are not going to be able to get out of without spending more than you intended on. There's a really nice Whole Foods in Middletown! A nice place to spend the afternoon. I think they have every peanut butter option available, where you can watch it coming out of the machine. not too appetizing, but it's good stuff.

Have to take a trip over to your area store. Better prices, eh?

Maria said...

Um...please don't ask for the gift cards back that you sent me, because we have already swallowed them up...:)

Yes, if nothing else, Whole Foods has interesting beauty products.Try the Cultural Revolution Vanilla Bean yogurt. It is honestly addictive.

And one of my favorite birthday gifts from Liv was a bicycle chain keychain that she bought at Whole Foods with her pig bank $.

Sorry about the downsizing...but..hey..Martha Stewart awaits, yes?

And by the way, your word verification was gaywad. Smiling....

Angelissima said...

Oh no! Makes me wonder, Maria.
Our Jersey colloquialisms may be lost on you...

Sometimes I write in local or ethnic accents (not that anyone else would recognize them... doh!)
GAWD=GOD.

Blog Archive