28.5.08

Words Won't Come

I have a few really great stories to tell, but I just can't find the words these days.
Writing my articles for work seems to tap me. That is no excuse; my interviews are nothing to write home about.

Anyway, my nephew Anthony is a counselor at a group home for the mentally retarded. I'd say Downs Syndrome, but not all of the clients have Downs...but I'd say, with the exception of the guy with CP - they're all on the slow side.

The story I want to write is about the day he brought all of the housemates over to my parents house for a field trip. Its really a great story. One of these days....
I have photos to go with it and EVERYTHING.

This story must be written with the correct level of passion to reach its full potential. Its so rich, lush and deep. Mere words on a bad day could never do it justice.

So one day, along with "Dogs for Consumption" and "Bernie's Three-Way Switch" (another in the "Ryan!!!" series) "Anthony's Housemates" will be written.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I have posts like that in me as well. Ones that I know will have to wait until I can be in the right place to do them justice.

Ones like: "Talking to Liv's Father While Watching her at swim practice" and "The Way Alfalfa Smells On a Summer's Day"....

Gina said...

Ang, did Ant tell you about the woman who was trying to put the medicated ointment on one of the resident's butt? He had a rash on his torso. The prescription read to apply to Trunk. She thought that meant the butt.

Junk in the trunk! Too funny!

Angelissima said...

nope, never heard that one! sounds like a doozy.

Blog Archive