25.8.08

What's new?


My PC blew up. Not sure how it happened, but it slowly stopped functioning. First it was the mouse, then the keyboard. The monitor wouldn't turn on, then the CPU just died.

Bernie came home after his stint in the desert and turned my 'blue room' into a mass of wires and metal boxes...to no avail. Its over. OVER. Its the end of an era.
It was one of the first gifts Bernie bought for me.

Now I'm totally on laptop. I have to get used to it. I don't like not having a mouse, even though I can hook one up to this -- its better without one, I just have to become accustomed to the new set up.

Actually, it will be nice not having tons of dusty wires and power strips crowded under my desk, always a bear to clean. Streamlined...yeah, that's the ticket!

Other than that, we're getting ready for back to school! Pherrin leads the way with moving on Thursday into a university subsidized apartment with 5 of her sorority sisters...rraawwwwrrrr!~ will they survive? Only time will tell. Everything HAS to be black, white or hot pink. EVERYTHING. I'm sewing up black and pink polka-dot throw pillows for the sofa...my contribution along with hand-me-down pots and kitchen appliances.

Katie has a job interview with Catholic Charities today...wish her luck! John is going to be a junior this year and Gigi is all set with her Target gear.

All and all, I'd have to say its been smooth sailing so far.
I'm looking forward to the change in seasons and our anniversary vacation coming up in September! Yay!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Wow. Sounds like everything is going well. Pherrin had her crazy first year and I hope she and the sisters are ready to settle down.
Speaking of sisters, what's Katie going to do over at the CC? I can't believe John a junior already! Can you BELIEVE IT!??
Is Gigi all set with her BTS Cheetah-ear?

Hey it's nice not having those wires around. Good for you. So where are you and Bernie headed?

Maria said...

Sounds like everything (except the PC...buy a MAC!) is going smoothly....

Blog Archive