4.9.08

Back to School!


And now we do the dance of Joy! I had the greatest feeling of freedom watching Gigi get on the bus this morning.

Gigi noted that this year seemed so peaceful. "No yelling, fighting and showering!"
True. Since the two older girls are gone its just our little quiet family. Bernie wasn't even here (he's gone...AGAIN)

So, we had a peaceful send-off -- no drama -- just smiles all around.

I decided to start packing away the summer stuff, remove the white slipcovers from the dark plaid sofa in the blue room, take down the yellow and blue striped jabot and replace it with maroon broadcloth drapes and white sheers.

Later I may tend to my faded summer flower garden around my mailbox. The marigolds, petunias and zinnias are no longer making buds. Time for mum replacements!

Its deadly hot out today. Not really autumnal at all, like 92 degrees...probably won't be doing much gardening.

Later, our neighbor will host her yearly "school-bus cake party". She does this every year. Really sweet actually -- ahhh its good.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love putting my garden to bed each year. By the time autumn falls around, I am ready to stop gardening. And then by February, I am hungering to get my hands back in the dirt...

Blog Archive