We've had such a stretch of gorgeous weather here in the Tri-State area.
I'm experimenting with adding sound to my blog. Did you hear the rooster?
I'd rather have music, but apparently that takes up way to much space. We'll see.
Our garden is in full production. This past weekend, Bernie and I harvested bushels of tomatos, sweet corn, potatos, peppers, acorn squash, butternut squash and PUMPKINS!
We have a new crop of green beans coming in too. We even had luck growing broccoli.
One thing I must say. There are pros and cons regarding Genetically Modified (GM) vegetables.
We have been Organic Farmers since I was a kid...we still farm this land. We sometimes recycle the seeds from one season to the next. This alone fuels my believe in life after death. Perhaps the arguement can be made that only the seed lives on, but think about it for a moment. The organic energy from one little pollenated seed (or sperm and ovum) life energy emerges. This life energy (I hope) is not wasted after we die. Perhaps also the arguement can be made that how we live our lives and the impact we make on the world is the use of our human energy...not unlike the nutrients we derive from vegetables.
Anyway, back to GM veggies. Its quite astounding the size of GM vegetables in comparison to organically grown vegetables. Its sort of like being inside a victorian home.
The rooms are small yet packed with life and flavor.
Our potatos were especially small. We took no care in their cultivation. Basically, I gave Bernie a bag of potatos that were full of eyes.
Rather than toss them into the trash, he planted them in a far corner of our garden. Being that the soil was not properly aerated
However, the potatos still grew. Some were normal size and some were tiny. They were all delicious. Any of the produce that received a large helping of sheep manure (our neighbor has a herd of sheep and angora goats) burst forth magestically.
This past Sunday, I prepared a harvest feast from the fruits of our labor.



No comments:
Post a Comment