
I've been skimming through other blogs. Most of them usually have more personal stuff in them than I share. One in particular is kinda interesting, being that I've worked in a few law offices, dated a few lawyers and know how whacked out they can be. Check out Anonymous Lawyer
I've been on this little jag at my gym. I accomplish 30-50 minutes of cardio and do a major body part circuit. I drench myself in perspiration after all of this activity.
The best part comes afterwards. My gym has an incredible locker room for the ladies. If I time it right, I can be all alone in my own private spa. There are rows and rows of teak lockers, padded benches, sinks, hairdryers, and and all toiletries and hair styling products in nice clean dispensers strategically place on the granite vanities. We move to the "spa" area. Its a circular room with showers around the circumfrence. There are maybe 15 or so shower areas. First, you walk into a changing room behind each curtain, where you can place your clothes, towel, etc. Then the shower is in the next room. Not just ANY kind of showers, mind you. Swedish showers with water spraying out from 12 jets. Also available inside these showers is shampoo and conditioner and some sort of body wash. I don't know which brand it is, but it smell really good and makes my hair look great. The body wash is an amazing concoction that leaves your skin super smooth. Okay.
So, after the work out I take a fast rinse and step out a few yards to a MASSIVE whirlpool. This is the most amazing whirlpool Ive ever seen, and I've been in a few very nice spas in my day. Its the size of a small above ground pool, octagon shaped, jets pounding out to massage your neck, mid-back, lower back, calves and feet...the sets of jets are about 2 feet apart. so..you sit there in 102 degree whirling warmth and sooth my trembling mucles...all alone. Sometimes it creeps me out because these old ladies insist on enjoying the waters in the nude, and well...thats not too pretty. But hey, I wish I was that secure....lots of woman walk around butt naked in that place. I'm just way too modest and insecure for that action.
After 10 minutes, I emerge and head to the Olympic sized swimming pool and if I time it right, no one, or barely no one is in there either. So, I do a few laps (backstroke) and after 15 mins or so I go back into the locker room, back to my changing room and get my suit off...swaddle myself in fluffy white towels and head into the steam room (they also have a sauna, but I like the steam) This is also a place where lots of naked ladies hang out, and this is another big reason why I like to time my attendance to the unpopular hours. So anyway. I lay there, feeling all of my pores open up and drain. Its a very intense feeling.
THEN...I go back into the shower and gingerly scrub every inch of my body. This practice is doing wonderful things for my skin...all this heavy sweating and exfoliating, and drinking of probably gallons of water while I'm there.
I love using as many towels as I feel like using too. Like, I'll use 10 towels easy. I could never do that at home. I've pretty much given up on showering at home. I try to get to the gym everyday now that the kids are back in school.
Exercise is key to not only physical wellness, but emotional and spiritual wellness also. Working out all my cares and woes on the eliptical machine is a beautiful thing...relaxing in a beautiful spa taking as much time and towels as I want...is a beautiful thing. As for the results...hopefully I will be a beautiful thing.



No comments:
Post a Comment