20.12.05

Parkour and the art of mood maintenance

Parkour. This week I interviewed a guy who organizes a Parkour Meetup in Texas. I've never heard of such a thing. Its really quite interesting. Also known as "Free-Running", Parkour is more a state -of-mind accompanied by a physical event. What happens is...you run. You do not let anything stand in your way. In urban areas, Parkour is akin to an physical art form. Leaping, flipping, hurling oneself over and under fences, buildings, etc. Check it out.

As some of you may know, I've suffered with bipolar disorder
for many years. I've tried every type of therapy available, from drugs to meditation to get a grasp on this situation in my life. I love when I'm manic. Ideas flow...creativity abounds...I can get so much accomplished...more than most can in a weeks time. Its also got me into lots of hot water...in too deep, over my head...when I crash. I don't know why the drugs don't work all the time. All I know is that when Im down, like now...its really not good. I can't stay awake. I'm fearful I don't want to leave the house or talk to anyone. Its the complete opposite of the "larger than life" me from a week ago. I hate this.

My therapist is helping me to accept my episodes rather than push them away. I really don't know how I can accept being debilitated by my moods, but we shall see.
z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z

No comments:

Blog Archive