20.3.07

We Blog It

The blogs. Why do we do it? Periodically, I'll give pause to think...
Is there some unconscious need in all of us to be heard akin to confession for Catholics? Even to strangers, who may happen along on some google search completely unrelated, we confess. We pretend so publicly. Our deepest emotions hung out to dry on the net.

Yet, we feel safe. We remain anonymous for the most part. That’s the glory of the net, the anonymity. I've written blogs to insult ex-boyfriends. I've written blogs to entice new ones. I've written blogs to express deep spiritual connections to nature. Lets face it, what we cannot face...or express face to face...we blog it.

What did we do before blogging? I'd use the phone while drunk. That's a great way to let out the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. I loved drinking alone in bars. My mind, while being soaked with wine and then vodka martinis would wander off to the most interesting places. And when some cad sidled up next to me with his leering looks and open wallet...I'd lie...LIE LIE LIE.

One night at the Dubliner (before it moved to the other side of the tracks and became a "classy" joint, renaming itself "The Dublin House") I convinced a man into believing I was a dethroned princess from the Basque region of Spain. I went out to dinner with this guy a few times before I came clean. How could ANYONE believe I'm a Basque princess? What a maroon.

Like leaving our diaries open on the coffee table...now, we blog it.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Story-telling bloggers are fascinating people, unlike us poeggers who will write any old crap just to rhyme. Hey, it's a deep spiritual connection of sorts.

So you said you were a dethroned princess from the Bad region of Pain? Tell me he like Hugh Laurie...MM M MM M MMMMMMM
He did, didn't he?

Blog Archive