
The moon is full and I'm not sleeping. Two nights now. I try to lay down around 10ish. Bernie has to go to sleep by 11pm or hes spent the next day. I wish I could sleep like he does. So organized is his sleep. He never moves, wakes up or makes a sound. I, on the other hand, can rarely get comfortable or sleep through the night.
I slept through the night once in recent memory. I remember being THRILLED that I actually slept all that time. But this is the way I go.
Up and super-active for a week or so then crash for a few weeks, then up again. You know what I'm thinking? Maybe I'm not a manic depressive at all. Maybe its a hormonal problem all these years. Oh well. At least with the meds I take the highs aren't as high and the lows aren't so low.
My mania is ramping up now. Boundless energy. I weeded my entire garden. Ripped out the weed garden, weeded 2 other small gardens. Cooked blueberry pancakes, bacon and carved up a giant bowl of fruit. Marinated chicken, brought John to his drum lesson, walked about a mile or so, drew hop-scotch and other such murals on our driveway with Gigi. Went swimming. Tied up the pole beans and peas. When grocery shopping. Picked up Katie from work. Scrubbed the kids upstairs bathroom. Grilled hot dogs for lunch outside. Made a giant dinner, grilled chicken breast, rice, mixed vegetables, salad.
Forgot to buy ice cream for dessert. Went back out to the grocery store and bought 4 kinds of ice cream and chocolate sauce. Curled Pherrin's hair for a Dukes of Hazzard Party. Took a shower, dried and curled my own hair! Washed all of the dishes and pots.
Now I am posting here. I'm scared because my mind is still going a million miles a minute. I know I won't sleep again tonight.



5 comments:
whoaaaaaa......that's alota stuff to do in one day, Ang. I would try a Benadryl. 25 em gees oughta knock you out, kid. Oh man, you accomplished soooo much! I have not had that kind of energy since I moved in here and stopped living like an adult. How refreshing to read about someone who is actually living the life. WOW!!!! Good for you! Curlers even. You;re sounding more like a Kool-Aid mom every day.
This is my fave of all of your posts.. no wait....Ryan's Tonail was number one. This is numba 2. Party curls...how cute. Another fruit bowl. Swimming. Shopping. Ice cream. Hopscotch....Ya know, one time I drew the Godspell Jesus in colored chalk on the sidewalk with a big JESUS at the bottom, at MC Carron Park in Williamsburg. Used a lot of the kid's chalk. I think it was PMS. Yeah I think Hormones have everythign to do with it, Ang. My friend Dan said that a little testosterone cream will turn a cranky old man back to his 20s again. How bout that? I was thinkin about what Progesterone cream will do for us old bags! I speak for myself!!
You have had quite a day----I can accomplish a LOT in one short day, but you have to take the prize. I am hoping that your mind settled a bit and that you had a decent night---you certainly have earned one!
Holy cripes, Angie! I would give ANYTHING for half of that energy and productivity... but I realize that it is the upside for you and the downside is sure to follow, so I can understand why it is scary. And I too, struggle at times with the too little sleep thing, though I never used to. I have my "leave the ex" adventure to thank for that. Like Bernie, if I don't get enough sleep, my tail is dragging the next day. It's an old woman thing. You are NOT old enough for this to all be hormonal, though of course those sneaky little hormones do influence our moods greatly. I hope you were finally able to catch some sleep. Gina is right about Benadryl, I have used it at times of desperation, and it works. Though for me it leaves a hangover, so now I do melatonin and it seems to work most of the time.
Yeah, I've done the benadryl thing, but my doctors have given me ambien and lunesta. I don't like the hangover. Tylenol PM seems to work the best, it calms my leg problem which is part of my insomnia.
Yah, Gina. Its a crazy thing these BURSTS. I guess its a good thing, using up all the PMS energy...plus Full Moon Fever.
Post a Comment