I'm always going on about how I think my neighbors think I'm weird.
Well, true to my form, I totally over think everything.
I just came back from babysitting my neighbor's 3 year old daughter and infant son. Geez. What is wrong with me? Susan would NEVER allow anyone remotely strange into her home. She's like an uber-mom. For her to trust me enough to come over and sit in her house is really cool.
Strange how I still perceive myself as an outsider. Jenny next door and I talk over the fence...I need to get a grip. Susan told me she felt bad about calling because she knows I work from home. WOW. I never thought of that.
I work scattered hours part time. I guess they think Im chained here toiling away!
See? I'm a nut.
Its me. I know it is. I need to reach out but I'm afraid of rejection. Baggage. I need to lighten the load!
Gosh. The girls are on the phone right now screaming...screaming while driving.
I want to hide. I got a call from Katie's history teacher this morning. If she doesn't get a 95 or better on her final she will fail history for the year.
This is really bad. I trusted her to complete her extra credit work, but she didn't.
The problem is she works waaaay too much. She doesn't devote enough time to school work. ugh. Well, her teacher sent me a copy of the study guide he handed out. For the next week...its WWII all day everyday.
Never a dull moment around here.



4 comments:
Ugh, Angela, my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you struggle thru the school issue with your daughter. Some wars you just gotta fight, and this is obviously one of them. Kids, God love 'em, can leave you so drained. I don't know how any parent manages to survive the teen years, I know I barely did. I promise, it gets better, but I know that's not much comfort right at the moment.
I loved that you discovered your neighbors were really just trying to be considerate of your workspace, and weren't rejecting you as too weird, as you had thought. I do that too, Angela, always paranoid about rejection. Hmmm, maybe I'll write a post on that. I think we are our own worst enemies! I would trust you with my kids, sight unseen, any day. It's obvious from what you write that your head is on straight and you care about what's going on with your kids. Beware or parents who don't!
I'm with you on the school work, but she will manage to do it, or she will pay the price. It's really hard to let that happen, though...hang in there---I know I keep saying that, but really, it is all we can do as parents at times. :)
The sacrifices you make for your kids and this is what you get? a slap in the face? I always wanted to say that, Ang. Thank you for letting me borrow the emotion.
Ah, it's just a phase! These kids make you ride by the seat of your pants sometimes. Geez. Hey...remember that girl 'Star' ran away from home and woke up in a trailer after an all night party on the beach?
Take the car AND the phone and make her go to SUMMER SCHOOL! Blah! Tell her she's gotta hoe the rows. Seriously Ang, things will turn around. At least she works. Gee when I was in High School I worked that lame bakery 36 hours a week for 3.15 an hour....in the snow!
God Speed, wisdom and peace, Ang. Let's go to the beach, Star!
That's funny. I forgot about "Star". In fact I knew a few crazy girls named Star. or Starr.
As a matter of fact, the waitress that served us at the OB Diner was named Starr.
Coincidence? I think not.
Post a Comment