6.7.07

Another Weekend of Fun & Frolic!

Yesterday in my mad attempt at clearing my pool of the green meanies, I went out to Cost Cutters and purchased 4 gallons of algae-cide (sp). After dinner I went out there between thunder storms and dumped it all in around the edges of the pool. I took the long-handled pool brush and scrubbed down the sides and floor. Mind you, this is a big pool...20 x 40 ft.

Bernie was working on it over the past few days, but I don't think he has the same sense of urgency that I do when it comes to certain creature comforts. I MUST HAVE MY POOL! I don't have time to waste messing around. My arms are killing me from all that long-handled scrubbing...I felt like a gondolier in Venice.

Anyway, this morning after a night of torrential thunder and lightening storms, the pool looks a lot better. I'm going to go out there and give it another good scrub, add some clarifier and vacuum it. I love having the pool.

I also finished revamping my weed garden. Its now a lovely little flower garden, complete with a slate walkway and a bird-bath. I planted gladiola bulbs, zinnias, marigolds, basil, parsley, pansies. I need to add petunias. The fence around the garden is alive with morning glories, white, lavender, deep violet and baby blue.
Later today Bernie is buying another yard or so of black mulch, so I'll gingerly place some around my plants to keep those pesky weeds down.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as my kids bedrooms go too. I usually just shut the door and walk away, but they have actually started making movements to clean their rooms...so I'm helping fine-tune it for them and try to keep it tidy one day at a time.

I pitched a fit the other night and lit a fire under them all. I was really pissed off...heck, I'm not the dang maid!

10 comments:

josie2shoes said...

Your gardens sound lovely, Angie, wish you'd post a picture! I miss planting flowers and making tranquil, beautiful spaces.

Ugh to the pool scrubbing - if I did that I wouldn't be able to move for two days, so I can relate to your poor aching arms. Sure hope it comes out sparkling for ou soon. I would be miserable if I had it and couldn't use it.

Good for you, for raising a little hell on the room upkeep, kids gotta learn that you take care of where you life. Life doesn't come with maid service at college either! I remember going on strike a time or two to make a point myself! :-)

Gina said...

" Git her done!"

Never seen anyone attack a job with such intention and ferocity, Ang. Vehemence!

Angelissima said...

spent all dang day on that pool! Only I would scrub stairs underwater.
I'm too sunburned to write about it now...maybe tomorrow. sizzle.

SOUL said...

we used to have a pool... good lord we grew to hate that thing... after about four years of scrubbing and sinking hundreds of dollars worth of chemicals and filters etc into it...we finally invested in a POOL FAIRY! it was well worth it..and actually saved not only time and energy but money as well.

and btw... come light a fire under my kid would ya?

enjoy the pool! i miss swimming...but i sure do not miss having the upkeep of a pool. i will never have another...ever.

Jamie said...

You get so much done in one day, I should be ashamed. I want a pool so bad, my husband and I have been fighting over that one for years, he cannot swim---he's deathly afraid of water. I am not --- I swim like a fish. So I told him that he didn't need to get IN the damned thing, just clean it daily...you can see how that went over, as I have no pool. :)

Angelissima said...

I'm with you, soul. I wish I could convince my husband to hire a pool fairy. He's such a DIY Guy. He doesn't think anyone can do a job better than he can. The only problem is that he travels almost 2 weeks out of every month so, its like best laid plans of mice and men. geez.

josie2shoes said...

Angie, I presented you with an award, check out my blog! :-)

Gina said...

So did you get the algea out? I hate when that happens. When bad algea happens to good people.

Tell them kid to get scrubbing! Sheesh, times like these you wish you had a convent near by to ship em to.

Angelissima said...

hahaha...yah. SHIP YE TO A NUNNERY!
The algae. Well I feel totally ripped off because after looking online for remedies, it turns out that all you need to do is overdose it with shock. Here I am spending over a hundred bucks on special algae killer.

GRRRR! Its still cloudy, but less green.

SOUL said...

the pool fairy was cheaper! tell hubby that! LOL really, in the long run it is cheaper...and easier on the ole bones. and you have more time to enjoy the pool...not the cleaning it!

Blog Archive