
Well, today I had a follow-up visit with my Nordic God Ortho, Dr. Erik Larsen, to review the results of the MRI of my ankle.
My Achilles tendon has "thickened" It has minor tears, swelling...basically tendinitis
So, I'm back in PT 3 days a week....also for a pinched nerve in my gluts. He shot my arthritic great toe with cortisone. How gross that was...he pulled my toe joint out and poked the needle in. I dunno, it still hurts.
If the therapy doesn't help, he's going to immobilize it until it heals. No surgery he assured me.
I don't have much else to say.



10 comments:
OUCH! Just thinking of getting a shot in my toe gives me the frackin willies.
I get cortisone shots in my back for sciatica now and then...and my, my, my....it hurts. I have fainted twice.
Hope the pain lessens quickly!
Well none of this sounds very fun, Angie, not the injury or the pain, and certainly not the shot! Though it certainly sounds like the "Nordic God" visual imagery wasn't so bad! :-) I sure hope it heals quickly.
That sounds perfectly horrible, it had to be very painful. I hope that you at least get some relief from the pain after having to endure a SHOT IN THE TOE. I have literally walked my feet to near uselessness over the years, and I am afraid I am heading the same way you are....Let us know if the shot helps. :)
Thanks, gals. Actually I'm feeling much better today. Nothing a little vicodin couldn't cure. My toe hurt like mad last night, I was afraid the shot wasn't going to work...but this morning it feels much better! At least I can bend it.
What pisses me off is that several of these ortho ailments are directly related to being overweight.
So many health problems arise from our over-indulgence. I guess thats why gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins.
On the brighter side, I've lost almost 15 lbs in the past 4 weeks on Weight Watchers! yay!
OUCH !
ps... really, these eye test things KILL me. i'm blind!
well, I'm happy to report my toe is a lot better.
Soul, eye test? huh? Contrary to my Orange brain status, I'm just not getting it!
You are right that the weight affects everything adversely, Angie - great motivation for getting it off. 15 pounds in 4 weeks is AWESOME - way to go girl, stick with it!!
thanks, i certainly plan to do it.
i've finally come to the point of really being ready to get back to the person buried under this fat suit!
Glad to hear no surgery for this, Angela. Seems like you need a break from that. Praying that the therapy is helpful for you. I hope that pool clears up quickly. It is okay for your ankle to be kicking around in the pool?
I don't know, G. I'll need to talk to the PT about it. Come to think of it, I usually swim until the ankle starts to hurt. duh. IDIOT! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!!! (think of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy) Fat Man in a little coat.
Post a Comment