
Check out this email I received today. I'm going to contact him for an interview.
As you know, I arrive here as someone who's been an Organizer of three Meetups for the past couple years--
Which means: I arrive fueled and inspired by literally HUNDREDS of moments when members of my groups made it a point to come up personally to offer profuse THANKS, PRAISE and ENTHUSIASM for what the groups have meant to them, on many different levels. I've seen an incredible number of examples of people becoming empowered to transform their lives, individually, and as a community.
I always have two responses for them:
1. I quickly reflect some of it back on them-- the groups are magic because of what each member brings to them, after all, and
2. I've been saying for two years: "The real visionaries here are the folks at Meetup.com. They are the MAGIC-ENABLERS. Multiply our group by thousands of groups all around the world, and THAT is the work they do."
My members always emphatically agree with #2!!
So just wanted to share that with you: Your work is SO felt by so many-- it's nearly impossible to grasp how much good is being done on such a scale...
I consider it a huge privilege to join this team of MAGIC-ENABLERS!
-Phil
NY Musicians Group:
http://musicians.meetup.com/281/



1 comment:
VERY cool testimonial, Angie! I did check out meetup.com but out here in the boonies there aren't any cool groups yet, and I'm not really up for starting one at this point, maybe later on down the road. I think the concept is awesome, since it's hard for folks to "meet up" with like-minded ones in the everyday working world. I bet you love working there and watching the magic happen! :-)
Post a Comment