
Early reports say the party was a smashing success! I can't rely on my own take, I was busy as the hostess with the mostess. Bernie was brilliant holding up the grill-side.
The older kids (in their 20's) kept the younger kids entertained by the pool, the teenagers were sulking off here and there (probably sneaking in a beer or two) The older folk (Q-Tip heads..my father says!) were sitting around gabbing with the middle-aged folk...wait, is 45 considered middle-aged anymore? I really don't think so.
(probably because I'm 45 and that just sounds OLD) I guess we were going with the flow.
The food was extraordinary. I don't mean to boast, but all of the recipes I prepared were first-timers. I can't believe how delicious the food was! Lets just say, I have NO LEFTOVERS! People were asking for more satay beef and chicken long rice. The grilled sweetpotato and banana was awesome! There were many other dishes...all went.
We all had a great time at the fire pit. What a hit! Making s'mores, hot dogs on a stick...it was fab. really a fun evening. I spent hours before downloading hawaiian music from ITunes. It was great!!! Old stuff. Old ukeleli and hawaiian guitar.
The night ended with everyone coming indoors for coffee and dessert after the brilliant fireworks display (thanks to Gina and my brother Dan). Then, the folks who were heading home headed home and the rest of us sat out by the firepit. Some played guitars some sang...some spoke of days gone by and others just got drunk. I went swimming and it was fine under the moonless starlit sky.
I love to party!



2 comments:
Okay, so lest have a harvest moonfest.
oh lest.
Post a Comment