10.8.07

ready


Well, tomorrow is the Hawaiiana Luau! I spent the past 2 days shopping and cleaning. The entire house all five bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and various and sundry other rooms are spotless. Where having about 18 overnight guests. About 50 people will grace our back yard and pool area. Bernie set up 3 tents, built a fire pit and got a new fridge for the garage. That makes 3 fridges and one freezer.

The decorations are exquisite if I do say so myself! bright orange and yellow is the main color scheme. Its going to be really beautiful I just know it! The weather is supposed to be absolutely lovely. We've had the most awful weather all week super-hot and muggy. It all blew away today...nice and cool and tomorrow is supposed to be about 80 and sunny!! woo hoo!

All the shopping is finished. I made sure to take some time for myself and get a pedicure and massage. Have to keep myself in good condition! I'm waking up early tomorrow morning to marinate the various kabob meats. I've added beef satay and chocolate fondue (with fresh fruit) to the menu.

The next morning...umm...I guess I'll wake up early and get cookin'! I suppose I'll serve brunch in the formal dining room or out on the back porch and pool area. Maybe a buffet. Blueberry pancakes, bacon, various pastries and breads, eggs if anyone wants them, fruit, granola, yogurt, orange, cranberry and pineapple juices. I'll need to prepare the butter (softened and shaped into small molds) put the jams in the containers for serving. I have 2 coffee pots brewing...and one espresso maker. Heavy cream, half and half and milk will be served along with sugar or splenda.

I'm not sure if everyone is leaving afterwards to head out to the Hamptons. I haven't been all season and Bernie is leaving Monday for a few weeks in the desert. Its a good week to get out to the beach and do some boating.

Well, I'm going to relax and watch a little television then bedtime!
Aloha!

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Sounds great. You actually live in New York City, right?

Maria said...

You sound like one of those people who actually enjoy entertaining! Good for you, because I love attending those kinds of parties, but there is not enough money in the world to get me to plan one!

Angelissima said...

Hi Gorilla!
I live in the NYC metro area. I'm to the west...New Jersey.

Hi Maria!
Yes, I do absolutely love pulling together a great party. Vintage Hawaii (Hawaiiana) worked really well. Gina gave me the best compliment when she exclaimed feeling like she was back in the '50s.

Gina said...

WOW! It was extraordinary. As I had expected it would be...

Blog Archive