
Taking time away from the everyday puts a new slant on life. Granted, the weather has been extraordinarily fine the past few weeks. Even up on the Cape it was warm. I took a relaxing swim in the ocean. The water was mild and gentle; much warmer than you would expect. There is an undertow but something about allowing nature to pull you out to sea is an incredible feeling. Granted, I didn't allow myself to be swept too far from the shore. It was an easy swim back. There were small, transparent fish schooling around my feet. The water was clear. The sun was hot...yet the air was still and cool.
I'll write more about our trip later. I took most of my photographs with a Minolta SLR. I can't wait to see them!



2 comments:
I've only went swimming in the ocean ONCE in my entire life. That has got to change......
yes, it absolutely does. swimming in a relatively clean ocean or sea is wonderful.
The Mediterranean Sea, lapping the Italian Riviera, was amazingly clear and gentle.
The Pacific is wild and very salty.
I ran into the waves on Maui, HUGE waves. It was so salty, my eyes were burning. On other islands, not so North the sea is gentle and great for snorkeling.
The Atlantic in NJ is kinda filthy.
It has gotten better in recent years and I swim regardless (as long as there isn't a red tide). Its fun at low tide, going alllll the way out.
I'd like to go to the Caribbean one year...
Post a Comment