
So the coolest thing happened the other day. I stopped at my favorite bagel & coffee shop, Maidenhead Bagels in Lawrenceville and apparently I dropped my Wegmans courtesy card and one of my health insurance cards.
When I get home later that day there was a message on my machine from Wegmans. Apparently the guy who owns Maidenhead called Wegmans and asked them to look up my phone number in their records, call me and let me know that I left a few cards at Maidenhead.
So today I stopped down to pick up the cards and I ordered a turkey and swiss on a pumpernickel with spicy dijon mustard. AWESOME. I've never had a sandwich on a bagel. I always suspected it would be really bread-ie. Anyway, I HAD to at least buy something...I felt badly that I couldn't offer some sort of reward (I never carry cash) The owner is this older gentleman, who took the time out to tell me several tales of people leaving things behind at the shop. He was actually starting to make me feel uncomfortable. That queer feeling when you know a guy is starting to chat you up. I'm like, dude. You're old enough to be my Dad and I'm married. BACK OFF!
Fair enough.
Karma, I love it!
Good people of the world unite!



5 comments:
I once found a wallet in a parking lot and went way out of my way to find it's owner. It had 500 smackers in it too...
I just kept thinking that if that had been ME, I would pray that someone would do the same.
So, hey, my karma is in place now.
Most people actually are good, I think.
god bless bagel samiches
and god bless the kindness of strangers.
Never had a sandwich on a bagel? Really? Damn. It's one life's few pure pleasures. You know, the ones that don't require sinning.
You should try potato chips on asandwich. It's tasty fun.
Post a Comment