Last night, while I lie in bed wondering about my "I am becoming" list (see previous post)and I realized something. I put waaaay too much pressure on myself. I was having my highlight/lowlights done yesterday and was discussing the Italian lifestyle as I had experienced it.
"No Shame In Poverty" There just wasn't the same sense of urgency. There is no such thing as "being late". Relaxing is good. Life is good. Life is Mellow.
I remember laughing loudly on a bus and everyone staring at me. Loud American. I remember waiting long periods of time for salespeople to help, but that was to be expected. Everything goes in slooooow motion, except for the drinking of espresso and driving.
I think I struggle with the rush of the New York minute and a lifestyle I prefer but which is completely alien to most Americans. Bernie is annoyed at my afternoon naps. I say nap if you can! Naps are refreshing. Better than a cup of coffee. I like to have lazy mornings, hang around in my pajamas until noon - everyday. I work here, whos looking?
Granted, I realize not everyone can ease on like this. Our society is based on carrot-chasing. I'm grateful for my situation.
So, what's the big problem? Heck. My life is awesome. My problems aren't insurmountable. Why don't I just go with the flow? Resign from the debating society!
I've been dealt a really good hand. What am I mad about?
Im thinking to myself...I've been working hard and long to alleviate strife and I've reached that goal! I think I'm getting over the hump. Its one of those "can't see the forest for the trees" things.



1 comment:
In my opinion, naps are Nirvana.
Post a Comment