26.1.08

A Little Night Music


What the hell.

FIVE THINGS


Five names you go by:

1) Angie Pangie
2) Aunt Pants (derived from Angie Pangie/Pants by way of my nephew Daniel)
3) Grangie (since I cannot be called Grandma or Angie by my Grandchildren)
4) Mother, Mom, Mah, Mama
5) Mrs. Groninger

Five things you are wearing right now:


1) Dungaree jumper
2) light pink "my favorite tee" long sleeved Gap shirt
3) Bernie's sock and his Mocs
4) A slip (I think I am the last woman on earth under 80 who loves wearing slips)
5) matching beige b & p

Five things you would want (or have had) in a relationship:

1) Want? Nothing more. Bernie is the culmination of everything good and perfect in a relationship.
2) Have had? Stalker
3) Cheater
4) Cold Fish
5) Drunk

Five favorite things to do:

1) Cook/Bake - Culinary Arts
2) Listen to music/see a live performance
3) Go on Joy Rides with Gina
4) Travel to beautiful locations with my beloved Bernie
5) Lay in the sun listening to the ocean crash upon the shore

Five things you want very badly at this moment:

1) For a few days without one of my kids being sick! Geez!
2) To wake up and be the sexy chic I was 3 years ago (before my stupid knee operation)
3) To be in near the ocean. I miss it so much!!!!! I grew up 15 mins. from the ocean and now its an hour away...I guess thats better than days away, but still.
4) A live-in housekeeper
5) Be able to pay the entire tuition for all of my children's higher education.

Five things you did last night:

1) Wandered around SoHo looking for my car
2) Took a few pix of a current event
3) Sat in traffic for a few hours
4) Cuddled up and watched a few good movies - Last King of Scotland (awesome) and Nacho Libre (laughed myself silly!)
5) Had a scrumptious late supper of my homemade chicken soup, a wonderful mixed greens salad with orange peppers, grape tomatoes and black olives and a petite grilled cheese sandwich made with a hearty caraway rye and melted Jarlsberg swiss.

Five things you ate today:

1) Old Fashioned Quaker oats with applesauce and cinnamon
2) Chicken breast and a bit of macaroni salad
3) 5 chocolate chip cookies
4) Glass of orange juice
5) Vegetarian Vegetable soup with sliced asiago cheese melted on baguette rounds.

Last five people you talked to:

1) Bernie
2) My son John
3) Gigi's friend Rachel's Dad
4) Gigi
5) Rachel

Five things you are doing tomorrow:

1) Helping Bernie remodel our laundry room
2) Probably holding Gigi's head while she pukes (aka: taking care of another sick kid)
3) lay around and do nothing for a while
4) finish up next week's interview
5) Call my Mom and thank her for her most generous birthday gift.

Five longest car rides:


1) Cross the country (NJ to San Diego)in a broken down van with $200 for gas AND my period. ugh!
2) Driving aimlessly through the Front Range with Gina (Colorado and Wyoming)
3) Driving to Florida non-stop several times.
4) Driving back to NJ from Colorado with 3 little kids in a U-Haul van during the storm of the century in '92 (John was an infant! We were stuck in Missouri for a few days due to the snow)
5) Driving all over Italy and Southern France in a beat up Ford Festiva with no air-conditioning in the dead heat of AUGUST.

Five favorite beverages:

1) Chinnoto (a San Pelligrino beverage made from the chinotto fruit)
2) English Breakfast or Darjeeling Tea
3) A cappuccino done RIGHT
4) Any fruit juice
5) Lager beer and crisp white wine

Five things about me that you may not have known:

1) I have the autographs of all the members of the CLASH.
2) I saw U2 in a dive bar in Asbury Park before they became uber-famous.
3) My face is on the Simon & Garfunkle "Live from Central Park" album. I was tripping.
4) I've been on MTV
5) I met Candace Bergen while vacationing at a remote resort in Kona. Andy Garcia was there too, but I didn't get to meet him.

Five jobs that I have had in my life
:

1) shoe salesperson
2) landscaper
3) legal secretary
4) mortgage processor
5) writer and good will ambassador for Meetup.com

Five movies that I could watch over and over:

1) What About Bob?
2) Goodfellas
3) The Pope of Greenwich Village
4) Its a Wonderful Life
5) A Christmas Story

Five places I have lived:

Well, I've visited many places but my home is static.
1) New Jersey
2) San Diego
3) Colorado
4) New Jersey
5) New Jersey

Five favorite foods:


1) Excellent Italian
2) Excellent Asian (chinese, indian, thai)
3) SOUP SOUP SOUP (good for what ails ya)
4) Cheeeeeeeese
5) Chocolate candy and ICE CREAM!

Five places I would rather be right now:

1) A warm deserted tropical natural beach with Bernie (but I have to be about 50lbs lighter and look great in a bikini for this fantasy to work)
2) Having a good laugh with my brother Chris
3) Riding horseback though the Emerald Isle with Bernie (note to self: take riding lessons, stat)
4) Under blankets watching movies and eating candy without getting a belly ache.
5) Getting a massage

Five people that I think will respond:

No one, unless they are as bored as I am right now...

3 comments:

Maria said...

Ah...italian and asian. What are your favorites? I like plain old spaghetti and meatballs, done perfectly. I can NEVER get pasta to come out as buttery soft as my favorite italian place can....

Angelissima said...

ack!!!
Maria, Maria, Maria!
Never use the words, "buttery" or "soft" to describe spaghetti.

Buttery, soft egg noodles, yes, but never, ever pasta!

Proper pasta is cooked "Al Dente" (to the tooth) it should just yield to the bite.

I cook Italian mostly at home, I'm kinda picky about my marinara. And I was raised eating incredible Italian cuisine so If I go out, I go for something else so I won't end up pissed off.

The last time I went out for Italian I ordered an artichoke and sun dried tomato ravioli with pink sauce (tomato cream sauce).

There are so many wonderful italian recipes, and most are very simple to cook.

Check out my favs for Italian Food Forever. Unique recipes.

Come out here and eat some good pasta!

Gina said...

I guess I am bored but I think this is really interesting anyway~ where was I? Oh yeah...Aunt Pants.

Blog Archive