19.2.08

Bernard & Doris


NYT - February 8, 2008
Very Rich and Very Different from You and Me

(speak for yourself, honey)

Sunday night/morning I couldn't sleep. I settled myself on the sofa and mindlessly scanned the cable. I came upon a new HBO Movie, Bernard and Doris.

Now, I love Susan Sarandon and Ralph Finnes. This flick had the extra punch of alcoholism and homosexuality, craggy ledges close to my heart.




One more big plus:
Doris Duke. Duke Farms (her main residence and back-drop for the movie)is just down the way from our house in Hillsborough and I'm not ashamed to admit I got a little thrill seeing "Hillsborough, NJ" written on envelopes throughout the movie.

Its an awesome, tragic, beautiful and disturbing film. See it!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this one and then...FUCK...I went and forgot to watch it!!

I will see Ralph Finnes do anything. And Susan Sarandon do almost anything.

Gina said...

Money, it's a hit...

Angelissima said...

Oh! The English Patient...hah.

Money, its a gas!

Blog Archive