British Pop. So happy, you know? I am immediately transported into a screw-ball comedy starring Hugh Grant.A soundtrack for my dance of joy! Nothing sets me up for an hour of unadulterated bliss than brit-pop. Mark Ronson revamps Morrissey. A Corrs sis sips bubbly from a straw! Ghosts - The World Outside. Throw in a little Amy Winehouse for good measure.
Will Powers is Kissing with Confidence...ha!
Does it get any better? Probably. But not for me on this cold, gray, rainy Friday morning!
Why the fuss? Well, after succumbing to a mental meltdown Wednesday, I decided I needed to make some adjustments in my life.
What's the wind-up? I'm heading back into the city two days a week - working 8 hours per day at the office and filling in the others catch as catch can. However, I will be able to switch-off work without feeling constantly on-call to my job. Get my ducks in a row, meet my deadlines and shut-up already.
The thing is..I can't THINK around here. The constant distraction is getting to be too much. I hate sitting here thinking about the laundry, the bathroom wall I should paint, what to cook for dinner...Being the Taxi, Chef, ATM and P.A.L. for the entire family....ENOUGH! Its not fair to work or family.
Sure, working from home has its advantages, undoubtedly, especially for a Mom whose husband is out saving the world, and I respect that. I feel pretty awful about melting down and realizing I pulled him away from a congressional line item...but gosh, at least he cares enough to come home and help me out...and not throw the potential breech of national security my confabulation created in my face. Bernie has his way, you know, of letting me know in the nicest possible way that his work is infinitely more important than any blimp on my emotional radar. And I love him for that. Well, I guess that's why he does what he does. Cool heads prevail.
I woke up this morning, all children well and back to school, I feel more settled and organized and I need a soundtrack. As ABBA-esque as possible, please.



7 comments:
I work a LOT from home and it surprised me that I got so little accomplished. You are right, there is always laundry that needs to be folded, groceries to purchase, homework to assist with...
And now that Liv is home with a sick day, I am apple juice pourer and thermometer shaker.
I get more done in the office in two hours than I do all day at home.
yes! especially when the kids are home. I am amazed how much I can get done when I am there as opposed to here.
yeah but Amy Winehouse is bloody well frightening.
Yeah, but we don't need the visual.
(don't you wonder what's living inside that hairdo?)
i can't help it. trying.
can...get...past...the...beehive.
She's ruined honey for me.
hehhee
Post a Comment