5.2.08

The Pedicure Sock



This photo is dark, my apologies. So, today I decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi at Boro Nail in lovely downtown Hillsborough. I've been there quite a few times as they rival my fav Bloomies on 23rd. Its the Korean thing, explained Cindy of BN...that's another story, Cindy's elaborate explanation of why 9 out of 10 clients prefer the Korean method of nail care over the Vietnamese style "The men have little hands, so they can do manicure, Korean men have big hands (wink)" OKAY CIN...TMI. I get the picture.)

Anyway, its an excellent experience. First they adorn your shoulders with a heated buckwheat and lavender neck pillow. Next, a seat in the state-of-the-art back massaging pedicure chair.

The treatment begins. A treat for the feet, total foot massage. Exfoliate, massage - moisturize and then HOT STONE massage, wrap in hot towels...a treat for your calves. They do the same thing with the hands (sans the hot stones).
They entire treatment takes approx. two hours and only costs $30 for the whole shebang. A bargain to be sure.

So. Before she starts painting my toenails, she asks me to pick out socks from the basket to my right. HUH? "what is THIS?" Sock for foot. Pick blue or Red for large size. (apparently those lucky gals with smaller gams get the pink and purple striped sock for foot)

She puts these things on my feet. At first glance I'm having an Olivia Newton John hallucination (I will admit the leg warmer made a brief cameo a few years back, but nothing like the '80s) She slides these ridiculous "socks" over my feet just exposing the toes. Then she slips my feet into a coordinating flip-flop.

I'm laughing my head off now. WHAT IS THIS???? Foot Sock - for foot. So no cold, outside. Aw-right.

Apparently, I live under a rock. See what people are saying about the Pedicure Sock

Man, lemme tell ya. As whack as these things look, I don't want to live without them.
I hope they become or already are a fad!

All Hail - Mighty Striped Pedicure Sock - Free with every pedicure!

8 comments:

Maria said...

THIRTY BUCKS??? Holy cow. I want one! I want one!!

Gina said...

heated buckwheat and lavender neck pillow. Next, a seat in the state-of-the-art back massaging pedicure chair.


i need that. It's not a want. It's a need. Badly needed.

Gina said...

wow....I'm still lost in the visual. It's been too long. And never a Korean, though I can't say I've ever had a large handed Vietnamese.

I like the socks!

Angelissima said...

The place is beautiful too. Come on up for the Korean experience.

We can head over to the Kalamata Cafe for a whole-wheat pizza afta...or the all-you-can-eat sushi next door.

Something about-all-you-can-eat sushi seems so unappetizing, like...its old so they want to get rid of it.

Old fish. Nix. Then again, I don't care much for sushi to begin with.

Anyway, its better to go in for the nails during the week, its dead.

Angelissima said...

Maria! More reasons to come back East.

Angelissima said...

Ladies, once you go Korean, you never go back.

Gina said...

OK next week. I have to work all week and then a job this weekend. babysitting for one of our alzhiemer clients at her house so her husband can get out. Now there's a man who could use a Korean Spa treatment.

Angelissima said...

I'd love to get Bernie in one of those massaging pedicure chairs...but he just won't go for it.

Why do guys have to have such a stigma? The man has callouses that need attention!

Sure, come up next week! Tuesday I'm in Montclair and Wednesday NYC but free the other days...for the most part.

Good luck with the Alzheimer lady.
Is it the guy with the DVD?

Blog Archive