28.2.08

Good Morning!



I love the morning. I love waking up, drinking cups of coffee (sorry, just had a coughing fit and the phone rang...)

Where was I? Oh yes. I love the morning, bright sunny mornings and even the cold gray mornings. Morning is akin to a clean page in my book. While I can't guarantee what the rest of the day has in store, I know that for a few hours the world is full of wild hope.

Sometimes I wish life could be more predictable. As if there could be an order, routine. We do have our bare bones routines around here as far as work, school, dinner and bedtime goes. The rest of the day is up for grabs.

My fault. I've lived 'One Day At A Time' for too long. If you live ODAAT, its tough to make plans. Its nice to apply the 'only for today' theory to bad stuff, but what about the good stuff? Can you make plans if your hours are in constant flux?

I view my life as a mailable blob, pulled in all directions. Again, my fault. I set myself up to be 'the all'. I have control issues that preclude my acceptance of help in some areas.

For instance, my kitchen. I can't stand having other people 'help' by putting away the dishes. More often than not, things are not in their correct places. When I cook I like to know that xyz utensil is exactly where it should be. I don't want to go hunting around for a long-tined fork or spatula while Rome burns.

2 comments:

Gina said...

why can't there be two places for everything and everything in one of those places?

Maria said...

in our house, we have a utensil drawer and you just sort of root around for ten or fifteen minutes...

And I am SO not a morning person....I don't even feel functional until about 10:30.

Blog Archive