
The other day I was driving home along Hillsborough Road when I saw him. Gliding over the tree-tops as effortless as the breeze, a bald eagle.
Wait! What! Did you see that?! I said to my kids. See what, Ma? That bird! I think it was a bald eagle! What? Seriously! Nah, it was one of those turkey buzzards. NO! This was different.
He was majestic. His wing span impressive. Under laid with white feathers, and his white head and yellow beak were unmistakable. How could this BE! I did a bit of research into the re-establishment of the Bald Eagle in the USA. But never in my wildest dreams did I think I would actually SEE ONE!
I let it rest. Maybe I was mistaken. Cut to last Sunday. I'm chatting with relatives in Skillman over the weekend. Suddenly, the topic changes to...you guessed it...
The Bald Eagle. Apparently, my cousin has seen this eagle cutting across Route 206!
Another cousin spotted him in Hamilton Twp of all places!
He LIVES! Its not just me. I'm so glad to have confirmation, especially from my cousin Bruce who is very knowledgeable on the subject. I'm glad I wasn't seeing things...



2 comments:
I believe there is a pair of nesting bald eagles on the Duke Farms property. They have been mentioned in several newspaper stories about the Duke estate over the last several years.
Wow! Thanks for the info, Greg. I'll let my cousin know. The mystery is solved.
Post a Comment