10.3.08

Sick, Guilt

I feel awful today. I couldn't work, which is pathetic given I work from home on the computer. I just couldn't stay awake and when I was awake, I couldn't stay out of the bathroom.

I've got some sort of really disgusting stomach flu. I feel so guilty about being sick.
Monday is the day I post my "Organizer of the Week" interviews and I missed doing that today...maybe if I feel better I'll do it later.

I hope the guy I interviewed isn't upset about his interview not being posted today.
Well, he's the organizer of a meditation meetup so I guess he'd be understanding about it.

He emailed me a few additions, so I guess its cool that I didn't post his story early in the day. I'm sorry Robert!

I wish I wasn't consumed with guilt over being sick. I was really hit with another virus the past few weeks and it seems like it hasn't fully gone away. My doc prescribed me antibiotics and an inhaler because I couldn't take a breath. I damaged my bronchial tubes. She also prescribed a heavy duty cough syrup which knocks me the heck out. I can only take it at night, and only if I try to go to sleep before midnight or I won't be able to wake up in the morning.

Last year I was able to get up and make lunches for everyone before school, sit and have coffee with Bernie and have a decent morning. I can't get out of bed that early any more. The kids buy lunch. Bernie has his coffee alone. He'll bring me a cup, but more often than not it sits on the bed side table and gets cold.

Depressed? Hell yes I am. I need regular exercise...but I can't get myself in gear.

I don't know what to do.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Sick? Is that the same cold you had a few weeks back, and can't shake? hmm...you might consider changing th filter in your humidfier? I hope you are feeling better, Ang.

Don't even worry about Guilt. You have a valid reason...this should eliminate guilt over not being able to come through for the guy. He'll just have to wait. Get in line. Tell him he's on your list. Now if you're lying...there's a good reason for the guilt! Of course you think that they think you are....forget it, Ang. Tomorrow's another day. Push fluids.

Angelissima said...

its the same iky virus thats been going around the entire country.
I thought I kicked it, but its back.

Thats what I hear, it goes away...then comes back...I heard this last week from my PT and then again from my Mom down in Florida.

Weird.

So, yeah, I have that and a bad stomach virus on top of it...
gurgle..gurgle...splash.
If you know what I mean.

Well, its one way to lose a few pounds.

Gina said...

I am sorry to hear that you are sick. I do hope you are feeling better, Ang. Listen, I have decided to stop blogging. A few months back I commented about a memory I had concerning a family in my neighborhood. I feel so bad because they were hurt by it. I removed my comment but that doesn't change the fact that I hurt a whole family and that they are probably hating me and my family now...it's just wrong. I deleted my comment and apologized for my stupidity. Childhood memories are not always based in truth...you hear things. you see things...some of which ought not be repeated, and certainly NEVER in writing for the world to read should someone google that name. I had no right to do that. Anyway, I know I am only human but still...Not the type to EVER wanna hurt someone. Ew. I hate what I did. I hope they can forgive me. Anyway. I am so disgusted I don't want to do this anymore.

Gina

Maria said...

I swear that I know about twenty people who are sick as dogs. I am almost afraid to touch anyone or breathe for fear that Bing, Liv or I will catch something....

And, like you, I always feel guilty when I am sick. Like, the world just stops when I am sick or something because I am not there to hold up my end. Things get down without you, life goes on. That is the good news and the bad news.

Feel better soon, yes?

Blog Archive