17.4.08

Back to Reality

Well, since I'm not suffering from pneumonia and will need to deal with my nodules until I can see the specialist, I decided to start a bit of spring refurbishing.

Gigi's 10th birthday party is on Saturday, at the local swim and fitness club.
Swim party...1 hour pool and one hour party. Afterwards, she really really really wanted to have a few choice friends sleep over. I agreed. They are really good -- and usually pass out about 11:30.

She has a blank white wall in her room, the former "Tahitian Sunset Room". We removed the sunset mural when Pherrin moved away to school. I've been promising to paint that wall for months.

Then she came up with a brilliant idea. Apparently, one of the neighbor kids has a chalkboard painted wall in her room. The girl mentioned that you can also buy dry erase board paint and turn your wall into a huge pallet. Excellent!

Gigi is forever drawing. So, I found the paint in Lowe's and went to work on that.

Last night, Gina and I were discussing plans to refurbish "The Blue Room". I have an cheerfully springy set of butter-yellow jabot drapes with a two inch wide stripes of chambray blue flanked by half-inch stripes of French blue (the color of the walls).

I LOVE this set of window dressing. The only problem is the dark plaid love-seat.
It just does not jive with the yellow. Gina suggested I head over to BBB and look for a slipcover. I found one, the exact thing I was looking for, natural duck material..nice and Crate and Barrel wrinkly slipcovers on clearance! YAY!

I also purchased a new area rug, matching runner and door mat. Its gonna be great!

I need to post a photo of the totally "Frank Lloyd Wright-esque" leaded glass window I found. I'm going to have Bernie hang it in the window next to our front door. Its a perfect size.

I also found this adorable red velvet over stuffed chair. Well, its sort of a tuffet with a heart shaped back...perfect in the foyer. I envision Gigi's dates sitting on it waiting for her to glide down the stairs for the prom....

3 comments:

Maria said...

I'm exhausted just reading this. We have this horrid mural in our dining room that someone obviously meant to look like an Italian credenza. Instead, it looks like we are dining in a cheesy restaurant....

Gina said...

it's so good that you can appreciate these rare finds, Ang.
You have an eye for these things which make your home more interesting. I love the stained glass window you found AND the red chair. My sister's friend Phil Ginsberg wrote a book called " Who Sits In the Red Chair". I think I am going to get you a copy to put on or near it.

Can't wait to see what you've done with the blue room!

I got a slip cover from BBB today as well. You can actually use the coupons from Linens N Things. 20% off any one item.

I hope you are feeling alright. I must have breathed in too much of something. Been sneezing and watery eyes and snotty all day.

Ang. I picked up some kind of antimite spray for linens and rugs. It's non toxic. Some kind of surfactant in it. Isn't that soap?

Ok. Feel beta!
you aren't afraid to use colors.

Angelissima said...

Life is too short for a beige rug...

Hey, I'll send ya a phonephoto of the room.

Stupid dog snagged a slice of watermelon from the kitchen table and glommed up the slipcover already.

Its is HIS couch, after all.

Who am I to try and reclaim it?

Blog Archive