"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts."
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
I'm working on this. Its crazy-time without Bernie (he's "on travel" for work for 2 weeks or so). Its overwhelming. This one has to go here, this one has to go there (like school and work not necessarily fun stuff). Genevieve has a myriad of friends a talent show (which was relentless!) AND her birthday party scheduled this Saturday. Sleep-overs, play-dates (or whatever). I thought this stuff would be over for me by now. Another teenager coming up. Just shoot me now.
Pherrin has another car drama up at school. I wish we would have sent her to Penn State or Connecticut. She's only an hour away so its hard to not help out. I've said no plenty of times, but this car thing is essential. Up we go.
Its so overwhelming. I begged off of NYC office last week and must go in on Wednesday.
This whole meeting routine is annoying. Train for 2 hours -- meeting for 45 minutes -- train for 2 hours.
At least the Soho (Bowery and Houston)Whole Foods is out-of-this-world. Better than any other in NYC or the Burbs. So, I can spend my gift certs there buying non-food items. Only problem is toting them back home. Whatever. We should all have such problems.
Luxury problems. Its just life. Life on life's terms. Life happens. Petty annoyances move on.
I must improve the quality of my thoughts to reflect the goodness and comfort of my life as it is. The promises do come true.
How do you like the photo up there? I took it with my phone camera set on negative.



3 comments:
Ice carving!
Even so, Ang, these things can be wearying, wearing on your nerves. Sometimes, depending on the tides etc you just aren't in the mood for all the activity. Every day. Sometimes I just run off and hide somewhere. No one needs me. Hey...good idea, pondering the good life you and Bernie and the kids have, inspite of all the hokus. I am so lazy otherwise I'd jump in my car and come up more often. LAAAZZY.
I guess I've fallen behind on the Auntie thing as well. Cards starting to pile up waiting for checks to insert before mailing.
how's your knee these days?
doing any planting yet?
Beautiful. You have an eye for seeing the potential in life, and the creativity to bring it to others.
No wonder I love you so much.
I like the photo. It DOES look like ice...
I get overwhelmed with the rushing around with ONE child. I swear that some days I think I live in my car.
Do you ever look back on your single days and just want to hoot? I THOUGHT I was so damn busy and it was nothing compared to my life now. I used to take weekends ALL TO MYSELF in my cabin by the lake. That cabin was sold long ago to buy tuition.....
Post a Comment