7.4.08
The Wild Mountain Thyme
The Wild Mountain Thyme
O the summer time has come
And the trees are sweetly blooming
And wild mountain thyme
Grows around the bloomin' heather.
Will you go, lassie, go?
Chorus:
And we'll all go together,
To pull wild mountain thyme,
All around the bloomin' heather.
Will you go, lassie, go?
I will build my love a tower,
By yon clear crystal fountain,
And on it I will pile,
All the flowers of the mountain.
Will you go, lassie, go?
Chorus
I will range through the wilds
And the deep land so dreary
And return with the spoils
To the bower o' my dearie.
Will ye go lassie go?
Chorus
If my true love she'll not come,
Then I'll surely find another,
To pull wild mountain thyme,
All around the bloomin' heather.
Will you go, lassie, go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I was gonna listen and then thought...no. I think I need something with lots of angst and anger in it about now.
Maybe some Joan Jett...
I'm still hobbling around with a cane and last night I turned to Bing and said, "I'm just so fucking mad at all of you people who are walking around effortlessly and not feeling all thankful."
She wisely didn't make a peep.
ummm...you'd probably start to cry, Maria. Its one that warms the cockles of the Celtic heart.
beautiful, Ang. Reminds me of Fields of Summer. Wild flowers out in the meadows in the Hurricane Ridge in Washington State. Pretty and soothing to the soul.
Post a Comment