1.7.08

Meetupsidedown


GARDEN UPDATE:
Bernie has completely mulched the veg and herb gardens! I'm going to take Maria's tip to weed everyday. If not, we will be overcome again. The insidious morning glory vines pop up everywhere, strangling anything in their unfortunate path.

We've harvested exactly 3 tomatoes so far. Bernie caught the groundhog (in a havaheart trap -- no animals were harmed in the gardening process!)who in all of his gluttonous glory would nab a tomato and bring over to the lettuce patch to feast upon salad. Geez.
My lettuce is GONE.

Anyway.

I needed to head up to the city twice last week. Once to see Young Frankenstein with a friend who was stuck with a ticket and the other to attend a meeting at my office.
I was so sick Friday at work. I shouldn't have gone, but I hadn't been up in six months and was somewhat summoned by my manager.

I'm sitting in this meeting sweating while my stomach was churning. At the break I just couldn't take it any more and left. What could I do? I was so uncomfortable and scared thinking I may toss at any time.

Here's a little sidebar for you all. My interviews are now part of the Meetup HQ Blog. Bookmark it! Visit often! We need the hits!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Gina said...

Ground hog? Garden hog is more like it. Gone, you say? The lettuce is gone? Leaf our domaters alone!
LETTUCE ALONE, I say!

So are you feeling better now, Ang?
ya know. i think it's just one of those summer stomach things. I have one of those summer ear and throat things. yech. summer crap.

Very Nice that they see fit to include your interviews in their blog! You're a natural!

Feel Better!

Maria said...

That is one gorgeous tomato! Would you believe that I don't have even ONE yet? I have several blooms but not one little green ball....

It's this nutty prairie weather we've been enduring. It doesn't rain, it pours. Nearly every day and hard enough to screw up the root systems.

abd al-Hadi said...

The day before yesterday, Dad planted some parsley in the garden patch outside the porch. Yesterday evening we were looking for the parsley....

Gone.

There was a mole tunnel leading up to where it was, and a hole in the ground where the parsley used to be!

Moles....

That tomato looks photoshopped! Mom has some other tomatoes in a paper bag in the kitchen.

Blog Archive