Today I had the pleasure of meeting Carrie, the wife of Adam Seifer of Fotolog fame.
She is working at Meetup now. She walked over and took a seat behind me during our staff meeting stating, "I don't know if we've ever met, but I know your headshot." I was completely confused until she explained who she is and then it all made perfect sense.
Back in January '03 I was wondering what to do with the new digital camera I had received as a Christmas gift. I had been blogging for about a year at that time and knew of one guy who posted pictures of his kid on this site, Fotolog. I joined. The rest is history.
I met the people I work for now...for the past five years...through F'log. Working for Meetup changed a lot of me. Commuting daily to NYC was a big leap for me. Getting involved with politics, expanding my circle of friends, learning so much about life and people in general...has changed me in a good way.
Anyway, I am going to rejoin my Fotolog and start posting regularly again. Hey, its the least I can do!



No comments:
Post a Comment