
We celebrated Bernie's birthday last friday. He flew in from Chicago late Thursday night and we were up and out to our Home and Termite Inspections for our new home early on Friday morning.
We drive out to Hillsborough
and get done what we need to do. The home passes with flying colors. I can't believe in just a few short months we'll be living in this massive new home...4,000 sq ft a built-in pool and our own babbling brook. The grounds are landscaped so beautifully as well. Daffodils are pushing up all along the brook, which is located at the bottom of a rolling hill at the edge of our property. Plum, dogwood, cherry and maple trees shade in summer while lilac, forsythia, rose of sharon, hydrangea, pussywillow (tree? I never heard of a pussywillow tree, but its there. Its German I think?) and butterfly bush entertain the senses. Spring bulbs are popping up all around. Its going to be so beautiful in just a few weeks time.
Anyway, later that evening as a surprise for Bernie (his birthday is Feb 28 - but he's now out in the deserts of Nevada) I secured a few tickets to see Phil Lesh & Friends
We're both Deadheads from way back and try to see the remaining members and various reincarnations of the original version when we can. Man, its funny seeing the new generation of deadheads and the older ones like us, with short hair (men) and combed hair (women). The various ubiquitious styles of dance remain the same...once we're in the "dead zone" feeling mesmerized by the music itself. Nothing else feels like this. I've been to several dead shows now as a sober person and I do enjoy it even more...but I will say I enjoy the scene much more in an outdoor setting. Indoors is just lethal. As soon as the lights go down the joints light up.
It got really thick inside the Tower Theater (phila) and I knew I was truely getting old when I couldn't handle staying for the encore because of the smoke. I was literally sick for a few days afterwards. Gosh, what a wimp I've become!
Oh well....sometimes Lesh is More.



No comments:
Post a Comment