
I'm mortified! This morning we all woke up late. Pherrin put on Katie's BRAND NEW Hollister t-shirt and when I questioned her, she told me Katie knew she had it on. I made the mistake of believing her.
So, Pherrin is doing her usual posturing about driving to school without Kate and John (which she never does, because that is an automatic revocation of cell phone for a week).
John and Pherrin are in the car waiting for Kate. Kate comes out, sees Pherrin wearing one of her brand new shirts and asks her to take it off. Pherrin starts screaming about being late for school and Kate opens up the car door and tries to drag pherrin out of the drivers seat. SCREAMING ensues.
I run out and see pherrin backing up the car with the door open and katie being pushed by the door.
I tell pherrin to stop and take off the shirt. she refuses. she backs out of the driveway. I tell her she will lose her phone for the rest of the month...she leaves.
Great. Now Im stuck driving Katie to school. Genevieve has to rush to get dressed and ready to go, because I'll need to drop her off as well (we won't be back in time for Gigi's bus).
I'm telling ya. I can't stand this! Genevieve told me that the neighborhood kids think our family is "weird" because the sisters stand out in the driveway and fight like filthy mouthed sailors. HOW EMBARRESSSINNNNNGGG!!
No one has teenagers on our street. Its all old people or families with young kids.
GREAT.
Pherrin has really ripped my last nerve.
Well. Im going to finish my coffee and start the day over. Peace out.



7 comments:
Oh Lord! What a great way to start the morning. If only kids could see themselves as others see them, and realize how ridiculous and unnecessary this little show was, and yes embarassing. I suppose it doesn't help at all to say "this too shall pass". But in the mean time, how bout a nice long bubble bath... let Calgon take you away!
Oh, have I ever been where you are. On more than one occasion....It really will all pass, and unfortunately, I don't have any real words of encouragement for you---but it will all pass, I swear. And they will grow up, in spite of you, and one day they will be friends....yes, really. Those that have no teens currently really have zero idea what it's like. Things have changed drastically from "back in our day". And those that have young children only have all this fun ahead of them. So quit worrying what the neighbors think, it only adds to your frustration. Your kids are what they are, and one day---they will surprise you and be really, really decent human beings. I promise.In the meantime, get your kids raised, wait for the the neighbor kids to grow up and make asses of themselves, and then MOVE. Hang in there!
I echo that. My sisters and I used to brutalize each other, Ang. And it was rarely over clothes. In fact I don't think we ever had anything worth fightin over, if you recall those gauze indian shirts we used to share between us....but we fought, Ang. Especially with the PMS. Anyway, let em fight it out. Don't get dragged into the battle as soon it is over and you are left with the stress. Anyway....maybe you should think about getting that Doris Day CD and use it as background music when the girls are around. Laura and I sing this one all the time:
Sister Sister...Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister...and Lord help sister that comes between me and my man!
Hollister...i hate that name. There is a colostomy supply company by the same name.
i love that pic!
I don't have any sisters but I remember taking off one time with the car after my mom warned me not to go.
When I arrived at my friends house, maybe a minute later, the police showed up and hauled my butt back to my house. My mom in all of her wisdom called 911 and reported the car stolen.
I remember being very afraid and not feeling so high and mighty like I had when I left. I never took the car again that was for sure.
p.s. isn't coffe a god send? It's like therapy in a cup each morning:0)
Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all of your encouraging words on this topic.
:-)
Post a Comment