18.7.07

Funny

The best part of blogging is linking and clicking. Its the nature of my work to avail myself to several 'alert' lists. From these lists, I can plug into the head honchos of the blog world. The 'originators'(AL-GORE-RHYHM?!)

Anyway, from Scott's blog to Mark's blog to the Fake Steve Jobs blog I reconnected to this blog, I've read it before but somehow forgot it existed. Some of it is crude but a lot of it is down-right funny. Check it out:
Overheard in New York

Its hilarious. In fact, no offense to all you deep thinkers out there, but from now on I am only linking to humor and/or informational blogs.

I mean, seriously. We've all got problems. Have an issue? Here's a tissue. Find a friend. Talk to a therapist. What are we now? A bunch of depressed whiners sitting around blogging in our underwear? Life is too short. Take your hand off the mouse and move away from the computer.

"There is a goodness in most of us... If we can see that goodness in our neighbor, we'd feel less lonely, less isolated, less fearful, and we'd see our untapped potential... feel a part of something you might look back on and say, 'That was a special time and a special journey.''
BILL BRADLEY (thanks, SH)

Luxury problems. That's what we've got. Anyone who has 'real' problems (in my opinion) wouldn't be blogging...unless they allow blogging in prisons and hospitals.

4 comments:

SOUL said...

have an issue here's a tissue...i love that!

good post...and i shall check out the link you put on here.

have a great day

josie2shoes said...

Whoa... comin on a little strong here. I don't consider myself to have "luxury" problems but I will take your opinions under advisement. Each of us blogs for different reasons, and gets different benefits out of it. I am happy for you if you find a way to make it meaningful and useful in your life. But I don't think we should dog other people who use the experience differently, right?

SOUL said...

holy crap...what's all this about???
i feel like i missed something

Angelissima said...

Thanks, Soul! You too.
I love that phrase as well as a few choice others:
There are no victims only volunteers
Luxury Problems and
The Disease of More

Geez Josie! Kinda presumptuous ain't ya? Don't fret, "depressed whiners sitting around blogging in our underwear" is a generality, an observation on the way of the blogging world.

If this comment struck a cord, maybe its time to take a hard look at things?

It was only when someone showed me that my problems, which I thought were the be-all-end-all of all problems, nobody knows the trouble I've seen kinda problems....
Were just that...Luxury Problems.
I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear. I have my health and healthy children. I have a car, and job a cell phone, a computer...blah blah blah.

All of my problems were emotional. Guilt from my past, my marriages. Eating my emotions, drinking my emotions doing anything but dealing with my emotions.

If only this, if only that...If only he'd do this. If only he didn't do that.

If only I'd realize that only through a lot of prayer and hard work could I have the strength to make positive changes...

Once I got into therapy and on some good meds...my life turned around.
Lets face it nobody wants to be around a sad-sack. You attract what you put out there in this world.

Once I became someone I'd want to be around, I attracted someone who would treat me right.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Blog Archive