7.10.07

Roses?

The Salmon
The Yellow Blush

We are having unseasonably warm weather here in the great northeast. Who would think, on the 8th of October, I'd have 2 rose bushes LOADED with flowers? I mean, gorgeous!
8 heads on each (yellow blush and salmon)...my red and pinks are budding like crazy.

My string bean plants came back to life and started producing again! I have Montauk daisies growing in one of my side gardens. Last year I pulled out the plant because I thought it was a weed...ha!

This year I spied pots of them for sale next to the mums. I was like, "hey...thats...WAAAAH?" So, I left them to grow this year. The plant is GIANT and FULL of montauk daisies. cool! My purple petunias which I assumed were burnt to a crisp and way past their prime started producing again.

I'm telling ya, I do live in the Garden of Eden.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Please don't let them whisper any encouragement to my vegetable garden. I haven't put my garden to bed for the winter yet and I have NO desire to can any thing else but if it starts producing again, I will feel compelled to go out there and pick, pick, pick...

Gorgeous roses...especially the salmon. My roses didn't do well this year, not sure why.

therapydoc said...

Hope it all went well!

Gina said...

Thanks, Bud!

Blog Archive