19.3.08

"BENNY GO HOME!"


"You goin'down the SHAW?" NO. NO. no. We clamdiggers don't "Go Down Da Shaw" We live at the beach. We go to the BEACH, OKAY?

Gawd. I miss the beach. Kate and I took a ride down to 'Squan the other day, just because...we HAD TO...not because of any thing other than what Kate says, "Life is so much better there."

Never did I think I'd miss it so much. I miss being 10 minutes from the SHAWS OF the mighty Atlantic sea (technically ocean, but sea sounds so much more romantic).
I actually cry when I think of it. Thinking this move was a big mistake.

Its an identity thing. Even though the city-folk turn their noses up at us...oh, yeah...you're from the Jersey Shore? Like, who actually LIVES there? Like you're not actually part of society because your not running on empty in the rat race of the big city.

Do you know how great it was to decide, hey, its a nice day...I think I'll go to the beach. Or, hey...its a full moon! Lets go watch it rise over the ocean or...Hey! wanna go watch the sunrise and get breakfast? Wanna go for a walk on the boards? Lets go to Hoffman's get a cone and eat it at the Inlet. Lets go to Avon(-by-the-Sea) (no one who lives there says that..its just AVON) on Saturday night and watch the old folks dance on the boardwalk. Take a long, long walk in the wind and salty air to clear your head and look for shells. Its good for what ails ya.

Then of course there is the entire nightclub culture, but we leave that to the BENNYS and the GUIDOS.

Now, its all PLANNED. Just like BENNYS and GUIDOS we have to PLAN. We have to "GO DOWN THE SHAW" and then drive an hour back home.

I wish I were back home...by the beach were we belong.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I know how you feel, Ang. As close as I am already, I keep wanting that little bungalow in Sea Girt...Someday. Anyway, keep talking about it and it will happen just that way, Angela. "We ARE moving back to the beach only not right now and closer this time."

Angelissima said...

I dunno, G.
Bernie doesn't want the commute.

I'm moving to Provence

That's that. Ya'll can come visit me in France.

Blog Archive