19.3.08
A map of Ireland all o'vr her face
Alma and Tony marching proudly with the USCG Pipe & Drum Corps...
You'll see her smiling face at the end of the blue line - waving like mad!
She's such a modest gal. I had no idea she was the Lieutenant Commander of the Staten Island Operations, nor did I know she coordinated the first response at N.Y. Harbor after the tragedy on 9-11. Why don't I know this? I talk to her all the time and I never knew this.
The things you learn while watching the St. Patrick's Day parade...priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
....and the thumb print of St. Paddy on her forehead! Go Alma!!! Where's Tony?
I got a kick out of this clip, Ang.
I never knew any of that cool stuff either. All very interesting! Nice how they captured her waving there, beautiful smile. Added that bit o' feminine Irish freshness and a personal touch to this Coast Guard bridgade...parade. I love a ,scripted parade!!! "Manly, yes, but I like it too!"
Woohoo! You know I missed the parade on St. Paddy's Day? Went out to Rod's with Mom and Pop for the Irish meal. Chris showed me this on his lap top the next day. I was so glad he taped it! The WHOLE parade!
I have no idea why, but I got this huge lump in my throat....
It makes perfect sense to me, Moira.
Post a Comment