Today I applied for a position as an online editorial assistant for Martha Stewart Living . I don't know why exactly, but for some reason I was compelled to send in my resume. Perhaps because the office is located in Chelsea? Perhaps because Martha doesn't suck and that makes her a fav?
The "Martha" brand has always intrigued me. Martha S. from Nutley, NJ single-handedly transformed the ho-hum housewife into a stay-at-home force to be reckoned with.
The seamlessly heroic way she handled her recent financial debacle really solidified my respect for the world's "domestic doyenne".
No court appeal. No fuss. Did her time, boned up on her knowledge of deciduous trees, dispensed decorating tips to her fellow inmates and got the heck out of there.
The "Martha" brand is bigger and better than ever. I want in. Martha, can you hear me?



5 comments:
good for you, Ang.
You get in there and I want in on the bottom floor of the poor man decorating division. I can work wonders with almost NOTHING!
I hope you get in!!! Say alittle prayer for you, doyenne.
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene!
I'll put in a good word...
You can head up the MacGuyver Decorating Division.
Ha. McGyver is right.
You know these big ugly houses they are building? Where are midsize developments? Huh? Separate issue. Okay, I know some people have NO clue what colors to paint to warm them up. How to make a big room cozy and lived in without looking shabby and Kmart cheap. I could do them for 2 thousand bucks. 3 rooms. Kitchen, livingroom, and dining room. 1 month. Done. They buy the furniture and art. I take care of the accessories, plants, lamps, throws, throw pillows, drapes, paint. Wallpaper extra.
What's this Sears Uber thing?
I could understand Sears Stewart....
Anyway. I hope you find favor!
Good luck. And I liked the way she handled things too. Gutsy. Knows her mind. Speaks it. No whining.
What's not to love?
my old company lost out on the bid for that space on W26th to MS, it's NICE. You should totes work there.
Post a Comment